Special Grant Opportunities
Now Accepting Proposals
In partnership with donors, the Sioux Falls Area Community Foundation provides philanthropic leadership that assures the quality of life in our area for good, for ever. Throughout each year, we are honored to accept proposals for these special grant opportunities.
2020 Excellence in Education Initiative Grants
The Sioux Falls Area Community Foundation is now accepting proposals for its 2020 Excellence in Education Initiative grants.
Now in its 29th year, the initiative offers grants to teachers who have innovative ideas for classroom projects.
Since the program began, hundreds of programs and activities designed by teachers throughout the Sioux Falls area have received grant funding, enriching educational experiences for students.
Online proposals are due by Wednesday, Sept. 30, 2020.
Animal Welfare and Appreciation Fund Grants
The Community Foundation is now accepting proposals to promote animal welfare, enhance habitat, help animals assist mankind and enhance public understanding of the animal kingdom.
- May be for new or existing programs.
- May cover total activity costs or some portion thereof.
- Must serve the greater Sioux Falls area.
- Must focus on animal welfare, health, and safety, including the prevention of cruelty.
Proposals that aim to enhance the habitat and living conditions of cats, dogs, other household pets, and animals of all kinds are eligible for consideration. Programs that utilize animals for the benefit of man as companions or protectors will also be considered.
Typical grants range from $2,000 to $4,000. Grant recipients will be announced in October.
Online proposals are due by Thursday, Oct. 15, 2020.
YOUTH ADVISORY COUNCIL GRANTS
Each year, the Sioux Falls Area Community Foundation's Youth Advisory Council accepts grant proposals from registered 501(c)3 tax-exempt youth-serving organizations that meet needs in the Sioux Falls community designated by the Council.
- Grants must be made to youth-serving, 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations.
- Youth is defined as persons 0 -18 years old, unless otherwise obvious in funding priorities description. Individuals are not considered.
- Grants are for one year. Requests for more than one year of funding will not be considered.
- Geographic Restrictions: Sioux Falls area and surrounding communities within 10 miles.
The application period for 2021 Youth Advisory Council Grants will open in spring 2021.
Photo at top: "Beetle the Bear," by Cedar Mueller. Featured in SculptureWalk 2019.