We take the matter of privacy seriously.
And we respect the privacy of those who visit and use our website.
Personal Information and the Sioux Falls Area Community Foundation
- Collection of Personal Information: When visiting the Foundation’s website, two types of information are provided: 1) personal information you choose to disclose and 2) user information collected on an aggregate basis. The Foundation will recognize the IP address from which you access the Internet (e.g., 123.234.345.456) but not your email address or any other personal or system information unless you provide such information. If you choose to provide personal or professional information, the data will remain confidential and will only be used by the Foundation.
The Foundation keeps track of website page visits in order to determine which services are the most popular. Google Analytics provides insight into user behavior and visits to the site.
- Use of Personal Information: The Foundation collects and uses the personal information you provide to deliver the services you request and may use your information to inform you of other products or services available from the Foundation and its affiliates. The Foundation may also contact you via surveys, mail, or email regarding services or offers that might be of interest. You may receive occasional mail or emails updating you on noteworthy developments in philanthropy and seeking your feedback. If you do not wish to hear from the Foundation in this manner, simply use the unsubscribe feature on the email and/or contact us directly. In addition, the Foundation may share data with trusted partners to perform statistical analysis, send email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to the Foundation, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
The Foundation authorizes employees to view your personal information when necessary to serve you better. Foundation employees adhere to the Confidentiality Policy. Aside from the Foundation and the charities you donate to, the Foundation will not share information you provide with any other organization.
The Foundation may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when the Foundation, in good faith, believes that the law requires it or for the protection of the Foundation’s legal rights.
- Review of Grant and Scholarship Applications: Foundation staff and appointed volunteers review applications for grants and scholarships. Information provided by applicants is read and discussed by authorized reviewers. Reviewers agree to maintain confidentiality of information.
Collection of Non-Personal Information through Technology
The Foundation’s servers are hosted by a third party service provider and may collect information indirectly and automatically; for example, the use of your IP address regarding your activities while visiting the website, including the web pages you view, the time at which you view them, and information about the browser you are using. The Foundation does not link browsing information to personal information submitted. Browsing information is used for internal purposes to understand how the website is being used, how to improve it, and for systems administration.
Similar to other commercial websites, the Foundation’s website may utilize a standard technology called cookies as well as web server logs to collect information about how the website is used. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save time and to tell the web server that the user has returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize the Foundation’s pages or register with the site, a cookie helps the Foundation’s website recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording personal information, such as billing addresses and shipping addresses. When you return to the same website, the information previously provided can be retrieved so you can easily use the Foundation features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully utilize the interactive features of the Foundation’s services or websites you visit.
- Credit Card Payments/Security/Privacy/Fees: The Sioux Falls Area Community Foundation wants to make it easy for donors to make charitable contributions by credit card. We are able to accept gifts from American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa. For your protection, all credit card transactions are processed through a secure server, and your credit card information is never stored or saved. Once you submit your information, an electronic receipt will be sent to the email address you provided on the donation form. Credit card transactions are processed by Authorize.net and subject to its privacy and use policies. All gifts made with a credit card are subject to a fee of 3.0% to offset the credit card banking charges. However, the full amount of your gift made online is tax-deductible to the full extent of the law.
- Fund Representatives: You may designate your gift for a particular fund or program of the Foundation. The Foundation makes this information available to the Fund representative so they have the opportunity to send you a thank-you letter. The Foundation believes in strengthening the relationship between causes and donors, and an important aspect of that is donor acknowledgement. At the time you make your gift you may request anonymity; otherwise, the Fund representative may receive your name, address, email, phone number, date of donation, the amount of the donation, whether the donation is recurring, the frequency of any recurring gifts, any specifications you have made about your gift. You will receive a gift receipt from the Foundation.
The Foundation website has links to other websites. The Foundation is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the Foundation. The Foundation encourages you to learn about the privacy policies of those companies. The Foundation does not partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies and encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from www.sfacf.org so that you can understand how those sites collect, use and share your information.
Changes to this Policy
The Foundation welcomes your comments regarding this policy. If you believe that the Sioux Falls Area Community Foundation has not adhered to this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (605) 336-7055.