News for Donor Advisors
End-of-Year Giving: 2020 Deadlines
To ensure your year-end gifts qualify for a charitable income tax deduction in the 2020 tax year, please keep these important dates in mind:
- Gifts of appreciated stock must be received into the Community Foundation brokerage accounts on Thursday, December 31.
- Gifts of mutual funds must be received into the Community Foundation brokerage accounts on Thursday, December 31. Please note gifts of mutual funds may take over a week to complete.
- Gifts of complex assets such as real estate, closely held business interests or stock, and planned giving vehicles should be discussed with a member of our philanthropic services team in the early weeks of December to ensure the Foundation's gift acceptance committee has adequate time for review and approval before year end.
- Checks sent via U.S. Postal Service to the Community Foundation must be postmarked on or before Thursday, December 31.
- Checks sent via carriers such as FedEx, UPS and DHL must be physically received at the Community Foundation office on or before Thursday, December 31.
- Wire transfers of cash must be received into our Community Foundation bank account by Thursday, December 31. We encourage you to reach out to your banker, as many banks have their own year-end transfer deadlines.
- Online credit card contributions may be made until 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, December 31, to ensure timely posting by the credit card company.
- The final day for processing grants is Tuesday, December 29. Please remember, timing of grants does not impact charitable income tax deduction
- The Community Foundation office will close at 5:00 pm on Thursday, December 31.