Call for Proposals: Woman's Alliance Grant Program
The Sioux Falls Area Community Foundation has announced a call for proposals for the Woman's Alliance Grant Program.
This annual grant award program is designed to help address issues that impact women and/or girls in the Sioux Falls area. Activities that address the needs of socially or economically disadvantaged women and/or girls may also be eligible for the $5,000 Alene Delbridge Award.
About the Alene Delbridge Award
Alene Delbridge was a homemaker and mother of eight daughters who served on the Woman's Alliance board for more than 20 years. Her devotion to her own daughters made her especially sensitive to the social and economic obstacles girls and women must overcome to achieve their full potential.
The Woman's Alliance annual Alene Delbridge Award is made possible through the larger Delbridge Family Endowment of the Sioux Falls Area Community Foundation. The family endowment conducts a separate grantmaking process, which is not limited to women and girls, but focuses on "lifting up those in our community who, because of race, ethnicity, disability, or economic circumstances, are truly disadvantaged."
- Alliance grants and a $5,000 Alene Delbridge Award are made to worthy program activities sponsored by organizations. Awards are not made to individuals.
- Organizations may submit only one proposal for consideration.
- The Alene Delbridge Award proposals will be evaluated first. If your organization does not win this award, your proposal will be re-evaluated and considered for a traditional Woman’s Alliance award.
- To be funded, all proposals must address needs of women and/or girls in the Sioux Falls area. Preference will be given to programs that address unmet or under-served needs, those that are difficult to start or to sustain through traditional sources, or those that are innovative or unique.
- The Alene Delbridge Award is limited to programs that serve economically or socially disadvantaged women and/or girls.
Proposals are due by Wednesday, April 20, 2022.
Submit a Proposal
Applications for the Woman's Alliance Grant Program are due by Wednesday, April 20, 2022.