Tuthill Park House Restoration Fund
Restoring the Tuthill Park House
Join the effort to restore the house at Tuthill Park.
The Sioux Falls Area Community Foundation is serving as the fiscal sponsor for the Tuthill Park House Restoration Fund.
The Fund, founded by community members, seeks donations to restore the historic Tuthill farmhouse. The house was originally built in the 1800s by William Howie, one of the founding fathers of Sioux Falls. Later, it was sold to Arthur and Dot Tuthill of the Tuthill Lumber Company. Situated on their farm, Otonka Acres, the house became the family's summer home and retreat from the city. In 1953, the home and 40 acres of farmland was gifted to the city for what is now Tuthill Park.Community organizers are planning an interior and exterior restoration of the home including roof, siding, windows, and interior finishes. Once restoration is complete, the house will again be a beautiful venue available to rent for memorable events such as weddings, anniversaries, graduations and family gatherings.